Join Choptank Community Health’s dedicated team and work alongside our experienced support staff providing services to a very full and dynamic range of patients (newborn to 21 years old) and diagnoses. We are looking for a full-time board eligible/board certified Pediatrician for an established, busy pediatric practice in Denton, Maryland. No hospital duties are required (there is a local community hospital with pediatric hospitalists who cover the newborn nursery and our patients). Expectation is to see 2.6 patients per hour. About 25% of our patients are Hispanic and we have a full-time in-house interpreter.: We are 100% outpatient, offer flexible four- or five-day workweeks with no weekends, and have on-call by phone less than 10 days per quarter.
Choptank Community Health:
CCHS, located in the heart of Maryland’s Eastern Shore, is seeking a Pediatrician to join our team in the purposeful work of providing quality health care for all. CCHS offers team members an opportunity for meaningful work with high impact to the communities served. This well-lived career opportunity allows you to combine your personality, your happiness, and your work – improving the lives of your patients and co-workers.
Choptank also provides Family Medicine, Prenatal, Behavioral Health and Dental services along with a thriving Community Based Program providing access to school children and migrant workers. With currently seven Health Centers, and we have plans to grow a Rural Residency Program.
Serving our community for more than 40 years, Choptank Community Health System provides care across Caroline,
Dorchester, Talbot, Queen Anne’s, and Kent counties. We are close to beaches and the Chesapeake Bay with plenty of indoor and outdoor recreational activities nearby. Being centrally located, Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City are all close.
· Commitment To Service
· Patient Focus
· Caring & Compassion
· Listening & Responding
Job Related Competencies:
· Empathetic Outlook- The ability to perceive and understand the feelings and attitudes of others; the ability to place oneself “in the shoes” of another and to view a situation from their perspective.
· Attention to Detail- The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently.
· Problem Solving- Identifies and analyzes problems weighing the relevance and accuracy of available information. Generates and evaluates alternative solutions and makes effective and timely decisions.
· Communicates Effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communication that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
· Values And Ethics- Serving with integrity and respect in personal and organizational practices. Ensuring decisions and transactions are transparent and fair.
· Time Management- The ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Quarterly incentive eligibility
· Quarterly COVID Recovery bonuses through 2022
· Negotiable sign-on bonus or relocation assistance
· $3000 CME annual allowance
· Paid Accrued Leave (PAL) of 29 days annually
· Eight paid holidays
· One paid Wellness Day
· Malpractice insurance
· Insurance coverage available for medical, dental, and vision
· Retirement Plan with discretionary match eligibility
· As a FQHC, physicians are eligible for $50,000 or more in loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Note: As a healthcare organization that accepts Medicare/Medicaid - we are required to comply with all Federal mandates related to vaccines. This requirement applies to all current and future Choptank employees.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Denton, MD 21629: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Choptank Community Health System (CCHS), located in the heart of Maryland’s Eastern Shore, is seeking dynamic individuals to join our team in as we provide high-quality health care for all. CCHS offers team members an opportunity for meaningful work with high impact to the community. This opportunity allows you to combine your personality, your passion, and your profession to improve the lives of your patients and co-workers.